The building where the Uxbridge Public Library resides encapsulates much of the town's history. Commissioned as a Mechanics' Institute by Uxbridge's premier citizen Joseph Gould, it was built in 1887. A functional and elegantly sympathetic addition was designed by Moffat Kinoshita of Toronto in 1987.
Housed inside the library are the original wooden clock works from the tower and the restored Gould Family Bible.
Information on Uxbridge Public Library